Solved by: AllAcademicHelp.com
Previous answers to this question 27: 16 7 3 0 1
Why the future doesnt need us
Read Bill Joy’s article “Why The Future Doesn’t Need Us”
Answer these questions in your journal: (answers need to be full sentences)
1. When did Joy become concerned?
2. What did Kurzweil invent?
3. Who is John Searle?
4. Who is the author of the quotation “I am as fond as anyone of my body, but…”?
5. What can self replicate?
6. What are the new WMD?
7. What is a luddite?
8. What does dystopian mean?
9. Who was the “Unabomber”?
10. What are the three laws of robotics according to Isaac Asimov?
11. What is “ice-nine” from Kurt Vonnegut’s “Cat’s Cradle”?
Essay topic: Choose one and write a five-paragraph essay
How many of Bill Joy’s concerns about the future have come true recently, what are they and why should we still be concerned?Are the new weapons of mass destruction, the “New WMD” that Joy writes about, still a danger to our society? What can be done to protect us from these new WMD?Now that seventeen years have passed since Bill Joy wrote his article, has he missed anything about what the future would bring?By the year 2045, predict what you foresee will be happening based on what you know about technology today and how it will be used in the future.
Do you need any assistance with this question?Send us your paper details nowWe’ll find the best professional writer for you!
READY TO PLACE AN ORDER