Solved by: AllAcademicHelp.com
Task A1: Essay
PART A IntroductionThe introduction should be roughly 5% of the total length of your essay, generally one paragraph.
Your introduction should:
• Introduce the topic, provide some background and importance of the topic.• State the purpose of this essay• Direct the reader by stating the structure you intend to use.
PART B Main body (must include 1 case study)
• Write each main point in a paragraph• Your argument should be presented logically and cohesively by following the general paragraph structure of:
1. Topic sentence • States the topic and central idea of the paragraph. (The point the paragraph makes)
2. Supporting sentences• These sentences support, expand, explain, examine and justify the points made in the topic sentence. • Provide evidence, examples and quotes that support your position.• Include in-text citations (author surname and date). This shows where you took that information from.
3. Concluding Sentence • Relate the example and evidence back to your topic
You can either talk about education in general or look at it from another angle as an international student i.e.i. primary education ii. secondary education iii. college or iv. university
b) Give 2 main reasons for each side (for and against)
You can to consider (provide evidence; examples and citations):
• What are the reasons?• Why each reason is important for an international student? • How the reasons impact on the international student?
IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH WORDS CONSIDER THESE QUESTIONS:• So what is the bigger picture about this? • Are any of the reasons (for or against) linked? How?
B2 How does it compare to the education system in your country?Compare
= Look for similarities and differences between; perhaps conclude which
is preferable; implies evaluation (what does it mean for your country,
what can be learnt?
I suggest if:a) You talked about education in general, then compare your country’s education in general or b)
If you talked about it from the angle you focused on in question B1,
stick to the same angle and compare them i.e. UK primary education with
your country’s primary education i. primary education ii. secondary education iii. college or iv. university
c) Give 2 main comparisons
You can consider (provide evidence; examples and citations):• What are the comparisons?• Why each comparison affects an international student? • How does one comparison affect another?• What is the importance of each comparison?
If you have enough words you can consider these questions:• What can be learnt from these comparisons?
B3a What changes would you recommend for the education system in your country
I suggest:a) Depending on your choice of angle in B1, your answer can relate to:• Your country’s education as a whole or • From the view of your country’s primary, secondary, college or university education
Give 2 or MAXIMUM 3 recommendations
You can consider (provide evidence; examples and citations):• What are the recommendations?•
What is the impact the recommendations will have on your country’s
education system? (either education as a whole or for the angle you have
chosen in B1)
B3b Evaluate why and how they could implement these changes?
Evaluate = appraise the worth of something in the light of its truth or usefulness; assess and explain
b) You can consider (provide evidence; examples and citations). • Why are these recommendations important for country? • What does your country need to do now or consider now to bring about these recommendations?• How will they achieve that?• What does this mean for your country?
Task A2: Individual reflection presentation
a 5-10 minute individual reflective commentary or presentation on the
process of completing Task A1 Essay. Your presentation will be submitted
on Blackboard via Turnitin by Friday 12 April 2019.
You will be assessed on:
a) Clearly state what your reflection is aboutb) How you will structure your presentation
B MAIN BODY:
1 Your experience of undertaking an academic essay.2 The extent to which your understanding of the process was altered by:a)
Attending Study Skills classes (going through the all the stages of
writing from understanding the assignment to submitting your work).b) Receiving feedback from peers and Module Tutor
3. Your reflections on the process:• Comment on an aspect (one thing) that went well • How it made you feel and why? • What did you learn from this?OR• Comment on an aspect (one thing) that went wrong• How did this make you feel and why? • What did you learn from this?
4 Create an action plan
• What will you do differently next time? • What do you need to do to improve in any areas of weakness you have identified, and what is the importance of doing that?•
What do you need to do to improve in any areas of weakness your peers
or Module Tutor have identified and what is the importance of doing
C CONCLUSION – A short summary/overview of your presentation.
You should submit your reflection as part of your portfolio to Turnitin via Blackboard.
You must include references (in-text and reference list).
You can use a reflective model (Gibbs, Kolb etc.) to help you.
Make sure you have a clear introduction and conclusion
You must do the following:
1. Read and follow the assignment instructions carefully. 2. Carry out research on your topic and present that information.3.
You must use a variety of sources to gain information about your chosen
area of your topic: (books (printed and online), journal articles, case
studies and online resources). 4. You must select the key information to include in the presentation. 5. You must design a presentation and include slides.6.
The slides must contain references of the sources you have used to
prepare your presentation (in-text citations and a reference list). 7. You must practise your presentation. 8.
You must record either: An audio file of your presentation and embed it
into your presentation or make a video recording of your presentation. Each presentation is to last 5 minutes.
Please note, in order to perform well you need to be prepared and will have practised several times before making the recording.
Let’s block ads! (Why?)
READY TO PLACE AN ORDER