Solved by: AllAcademicHelp.com
Previous answers to this question 27: 16 7 3 0 1
The mean or the median
After reading the chapter, please do the following:
1. Discussion: Discuss the three scenarios below; specifically discuss the likelihood of whether or not the mean or the median would be higher or if they would be equal.
a. Salaries in a company employing 100 factory workers and two highly paid executives
b. Ages at which residents of a suburban city die, including everything from infant deaths to
the most elderly.
c. SOL scores in a county with high and low performing schools.
Length: one page only
2. Journal: Imagine that students in your classroom have just taken an end of unit test and the scores are as follows: 78, 80, 80, 82, 82, 84, 30, 50, 77, 80, 82, 90, 95, 98, 100, 72, 60.
• Using at least three methods (e.g., histogram, five-number summary, etc.) discussed in Utts ch.7 (attached), summarize and display the data in whatever ways are most
useful to help you extract meaning from these scores. On your discussion board, post
your data summarizes and displays.
• Also, provide a written description of the interesting findings in your data and address how these findings will influence how you will teach the unit in the
future. (Note: The unit and test topic are of your own choosing.)
Length: A page and a half
3. Connecting Sources to Utts Reading (attached chapter 7): For this week, select a piece (e.g., article, story, blog, etc.) from your source that is relevant to one of the topics discussed in
Utts’ chapter 7. Then;
• Describe in your own words how the piece relates to one of the chapter 7 topics.
• In addition, critique the piece using what you have learned in this Utts chapter; address what it did well and what it did not do well.
• Post your description and a link to or a pdf of the piece with the assignment.
Length: One page
Do you need any assistance with this question?Send us your paper details nowWe’ll find the best professional writer for you!
READY TO PLACE AN ORDER