Solved by: AllAcademicHelp.com
Previous answers to this question 27: 16 7 3 0 1
Written argument about a controversial topic
For Essay 3, you will choose a written argument about a controversial topic. You will carefully read and evaluate the argument presented. You will craft a 5 to a 6-page essay that analyzes the argument and offers an overall evaluative judgment of the argument you have chosen. Students may choose to use the Toulmin method or treat this as a Rhetorical Analysis. The work picked MUST be non-fiction in nature.
Your essay will:
1. Offer a rhetorical analysis of the argument chosen (consider Toulmin concepts as well).
2. Address the author’s use of Logos, Ethos, and Pathos.
3. Address the claims, grounds, warrants, backing, qualifiers, and rebuttals (See Toulmin Model (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.).
4. Address the overall effectiveness of the article without offering one’s personal opinion regarding the topic.
5. The essay should be at least 5 FULL pages in length.
6. When the argument is summarized, paraphrased, or quoted, IN-TEXT citations are necessary and must be correctly incorporated. Remember to use the ICE method.
7. The argument used must have a corresponding bibliographic citation on the Works Cited page.
8. Outside / Additional resources should be used and must be properly documented.
9. Any additional sources must be properly cited with in-text citations and bibliographic citations (on the works cited page).
10. The essay must be in MLA format: MLA heading; headers with last name and page numbers; a title; one inch margins; each new paragraph indented; double spacing with NO extra space between paragraphs, heading, or title; in-text citations (MLA 8th edition); Works Cited page (MLA 8th edition)
Do you need any assistance with this question?Send us your paper details nowWe’ll find the best professional writer for you!
READY TO PLACE AN ORDER